OC Italy S.r.l. is committed to ensuring a positive browsing experience on its website for all customers, including customers with disabilities. OC Italy S.r.l. utilises a range of tools in order to monitor and improve the accessibility of OC Italy S.r.l. website utilising the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines as a guide. OC Italy S.r.l. is committed to making its site even more accessible for users with disabilities.
This is the privacy and cookies policy for www.openingceremony.com, being the e-commerce website of OC Italy S.r.l. (we, us and our) for the sale and purchase of our products (Site). For the purposes of European data protection legislation (Data Protection Law), we are the data controller in relation to the personal data processed in accordance with this policy.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line when visiting the Site or communicating electronically with us. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how and why we collect and process personal data, what we do with it and what controls you have. We will also treat all your personal information as confidential, l keep it on secure servers, and comply with all applicable Data Protection Law and consumer legislation.
By using the Site, you acknowledge that you have read the terms of this privacy and cookies policy.
Whose personal data do we process?
We may process personal data relating to you if:
- You are a user of our Site.
- You are our customer.
- You use our products.
- You are someone to whom we want to advertise or market our products.
Information we may collect from you
Through your use of the Site, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information (such as but not limited to your name, email address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, payment type and card expiry number or log in and password details) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, purchase any goods from the Site, upload or submit any material via the Site, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- Information relating to transactions with us involving details of goods that we have supplied to you.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us, for example by email or phone. This includes communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content.
- Information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
- Internet pages you have visited immediately before coming to the Site or pages you visit immediately after leaving the Site.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information (e.g. your address or payment details), we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
What are Cookies
A cookie is a simple text file that is issued to your computer when you visit a website and which stores and sometimes tracks information about your use of a website. Each cookie is unique to your browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier, the website name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what's in your shopping basket.
Although they do identify a user's computer, cookies do not personally identify users, and passwords and credit card information are not stored in cookies.
Cookies are not programs and therefore cannot contain viruses or other malicious software.
You can find a summary of the various types of cookies we use below. Our cookies are used for 5 types of purpose:
We use the following categories of cookies on our Site.
◾CATEGORY 1: STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided. These cookies are passed under HTTPS in an encrypted format. This provides the most security when identifying you as a user.
◾CATEGORY 2: PERFORMANCE COOKIES
These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Site. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our Site, browse or use our Site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, user experience, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
◾CATEGORY 3: FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES
These cookies allow us to:
- Remember choices you make such as the country you visit our Site from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get.
◾CATEGORY 4: TARGETING COOKIES OR ADVERTISING COOKIES
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies such as Criteo to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites.
◾CATEGORY 5: SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES
These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the Site on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
Controlling or deleting cookies
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device.
Please note that by deleting or restricting cookies or by disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Site or take full advantage of the Site.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
If you'd like to opt out of other third party cookies relating to behavioural advertising, please go to www.youronlinechoices.eu. Opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
Uses made of your information
We will use the information you provide only for the following purposes:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, if you have ticked the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form to create an account with the Site) indicating your consent to receiving marketing material from us;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- to notify you about changes to our service provided by the Site;
- to ensure in our legitimate interests that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and your account with us under our terms and for internal operations, including identifying visitors to the Site, troubleshooting, and, in our legitimate interests, auditing the downloading of data, data analysis (demographic and sales data), testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to identify visitors to the Site;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our legitimate efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- for our legitimate interest of measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them in our legitimate interests and subject to your stated preferences where relevant.
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes;
- allow, with your consent, carefully selected third parties to send you information directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services.
Legal grounds for our processing of your personal data
The basis on which we process your personal data is as follows:
- Where it is necessary to obtain your prior consent to the processing concerned in order for us to be allowed to do it, we will obtain and rely on your consent in relation to the processing concerned.
- Otherwise, we will process your personal data only where the processing is necessary:
- For the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into such a contract;
- For compliance with a legal obligation to which we are a subject; or
- For the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or another person, provided that this will only be in circumstances in which those legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates or Group Companies – The OC Italy S.r.l. is incorporated in the Farfetch Group. Our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and that company’s subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 includes, but is not limited to Farfetch UK Limited, New Guards Group Holding S.p.A, Browns (South Molton Street) Limited, Farfetch Portugal – Unipessoal, Lda., Farfetch (Shanghai) E-Commerce Co. Ltd., Farfetch.com US LLC, Stadium Enterprises LLC, Farfetch RU LLC, Farfetch. Com Brasil Serviços Ltda., Farfetch India Private Limited. –, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time.
We have subcontracted the operation of certain aspects of the Site to Farfetch Black & White Limited, a trading division of Farfetch UK Limited (company number 06400760, VAT number GB 204 0769 35) (Farfetch). Services provided or procured by Farfetch include, but are not limited to, payment processing, customer service, hosting and delivery logistics. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions, and always subject to appropriate security and contractual safeguards.
We may share your information with other companies and organisations for identity verification and fraud protection purposes to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
You should be aware that we may be under a duty to disclose or share your personal information and/or user information in order to comply with any legal obligation. We may also disclose your personal information if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is very important to us. We recommend that children receive permission from their parent or guardian before gaining access to the Site or sending personal information to us or anyone else online.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and processes and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies and processes. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
We process personal data only for so long as it is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, after which it will be deleted or archived except to the extent that it is necessary for us to continue to process it for the purpose of compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject or for another legitimate and lawful purpose.
In particular, the data relating to purchases will be kept for 10 years in accordance with the accounting and fiscal obligations provided for by law (art. 2220 Italian Civil Code); (ii) data collected for marketing purposes will be kept until your consent is revoked or until the newsletter service is active.
Storage of your information
You have the following rights in relation to personal data relating to you that we process:
- You may request access to the personal data concerned (please see the section on how to access to your personal data, below).
- You may request that any incorrect personal data about you that we are processing be rectified.
- In certain circumstances (normally where the personal data has been provided by you and it is no longer necessary for us to continue to process it), you may be entitled to request that we erase the personal data concerned.
- Where we are processing personal data relating to you on the basis of your prior consent to that processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time, after which we shall stop the processing concerned. If you do withdraw your consent here, please note that this may affect our ability to provide you with our goods or services.
- If you have a complaint about any processing of your personal data being conducted by us, you can contact us or lodge a formal compliant with the Supervisory Authority
Via Daniele Manin, 13, 20121 Milano (MI)
The Supervisory Authority
The Italian Data Protection Authority is the supervisory authority of OC Italy S.r.l. and can provide further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints that you have about our processing of your personal data.
Changes to this policy
Date of this policy
This policy was last updated on 4/9/2020.
- Directive 2002/58/EC – on “personal data processing and protection of private life in the field of electronic communications”.
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“General Data Protection Regulation”).
While consulting this website, data on identified or identifiable people can be processed. The Data Controller is OC Italy S.r.l. , Via Daniele Manin 13 - 20121, Milano.
Type of Data Processed
The information systems and the software procedures necessary for the functioning of this web site acquire, during their normal exercise, some personal data whose transfer is implicit in the employment of communication protocols on the Internet. This information is not gathered to be associated to identified Data Subjects, but – due to its nature – it could allow the users to be identified. To this category belong the IP addresses and the domain names of the PCs used by the users that connect to the web site, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) notation addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the dimension of the file obtained, the numeric code indicating the status of the answer given by the server (successful, error, uest, the metho etc.) and other parameters concerning the operation system and the user’s information environment. These data are used only to obtain anonymous statistic information on the employment of the web site and to control it works correctly and are cancelled immediately after the processing. The data, besides, could be used to assess the responsibility in case of possible cyber-crimes against the web site.
Data provided freely by the user
The optional, explicit and voluntary providing of personal data by the user to the contacts and in the registration forms present on this web site entails the subsequent acquisition of the data provided by the sender. Such data will be processed by OC Italy S.r.l., mainly with electronic means, in order to follow up the user’s request (for example asking information, buying products and/or a registration). Specific concise information notes will be progressively published or displayed in the pages of the web site prepared on purpose for particular services upon request.
- Cookies are small text files that are deposited on the user’s personal computer by the web sites he/she visits. Their main task is allowing the web site to work and operate in a more efficient way, as well as providing information to the web site owners. Here is a list of the cookies stored by our web site.
- Technical cookies, to the extent strictly necessary to use and visit the web site. In particular, the use of session technical cookies is limited to the transmission of sessions identifiers (made by random numbers generated by the server) needed to allow the safe and efficient surfing of the web site. Such cookies avoid having recourse to other information techniques potentially prejudicial for the secrecy of the users’ surfing and they don’t allow the acquisition of personal data that could identify the user. Users’ personal data aren’t acquired by the web site for this purpose. No cookie is used to transmit information of personal nature, nor is any type of so-called persistent cookie used, i.e. user-tracking systems. In case the user doesn’t wish to receive any kind of cookie in his/her personal computer, either from this web site or from other ones, he/she can elevate the data protection level of his/her browser thanks to the special function.
- Google Analytics Cookies, used to gather and anonymously analyse the information concerning the behaviours while using the web sites (for example the time and day of the visit, possible previous visits to the web site by the same user, the origin site, etc.). Such information (including the user’s IP address) is gathered by Google Analytics, that processes it in order to make a report concerning the activities on its web site and used by it in order to improve the web site. Google doesn’t connect the IP address to any other datum it owns, nor tries to connect an IP address with the user’s identity. Google can also communicate this information to third parties, in case it’s provided by the law or in case these third parties process the information on behalf of Google. For further information on the methods to gather and employ the data by Google, please visit the web site: www.google.it/policies/privacy/partners/ (or another URL that Google may provide from time to time).
The table below lists the main cookies used in this website
Anonymous analysis of the surfing statistics and Used to distinguish users
Anonymous analysis of the surfing statistics and Used to distinguish users
Anonymous analysis of the surfing statistics and Used to distinguish users
Here are the methods you can use to disable the cookies.
• Technical cookies OC Italy S.r.l. reminds that the total or partial disabling of the so-called technical cookies can compromise the website functions. Anyway, users can decide whether to accept the cookies or not, by modifying the safety settings of their browser.
• Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
• Safari (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.